Connected SMB Release Release Notes
ConnectedSMB Storage Provider Release 1.0.19 contains updates to fix reliability issues using Android sdk API 23. We have also deprecated api 21 and added support for api 28.
ConnectedSMB Storage Provider Release 1.0.18 is a no-op.
ConnectedSMB Storage Provider Release 1.0.17 contains information for configuring a Windows 10 PC for accessing files on a ConnectedSMB enabled Android device.
ConnectedSMB Storage Provider Release 1.0.16 contains stability improvements to the ConnectedSMB Server
ConnectedSMB Storage Provider Release 1.0.15 contains the following changes:
- Fixed hang in server
- Added fuse file handler for MacOS
ConnectedSMB Storage Provider Release 1.0.14 contains the following changes:
- Migrated to Android Studio 3.3.1
- Targeted to Android SDK 27
- Added Support for 64-bit Apps
- Initial Support for Thumbnail Views. Provider dialog contains switch for enabling thumbnail support for the share point. When enabled, ConnectedSMB document provider will advertise thumbnail capaility to applications and will convert remote image to thumbnail upon request. Thumbnails must be regenerated after cache refresh.
- Directory listings are time cached for improved browser performance.
- Enable settings dialog box on tablets
ConnectedSMB SMB Stack Release 1.0.12 contains the following changes:
- Enable negotiation of SMBv1 (in addition to) clients
- Make SMBv1 to SMBv2 protocol switching more robust.
- Sign SMBv2 Logoff packets
- Fix Tree Connect Packet Interoperability
- Fix SMBv2 Async Packet Handling
- Do not retire server discoveries
- Fix File Time Reporting
- Fix Heap Corruption on Name Service packets
- Support SMB Server on Rooted Phones
- Fix Network Interface Write Throttling
- Fix IPv6 ScopeID handling
- Fix inability to query file attributes if file is open
- Microsoft Offic applications appear to have changed the format of files written by Office for Android. The implication is that if you open a previous version of an office document, Android office will notify you that the file is read only. It will ask if you wish to copy the file. Copying the file doesn’t resolve the issue. You must explicitly save the document from the office application. You can save it on an SMB share if you wish.
After this, you will be able to open the document and write to it.
- Although ConnectedSMB will provide thumbnails for images, if enabled, it will regenerate these thumbnails each time the provider is restarted. A future version of ConnectedSMB will cache the thumbnails on the file server.
- Although ConnectedSMB will open port 445 for the SMB server on rooted phones, the storage provider must be installed in a system directory in order for the application to have the privileges to open port 445. Connected Way does not provide instructions for rooting a phone or for installing the application in a system folder.
= Content views of remote directories are cached for 60 seconds before they be refreshed. If an android application obtains a view of a remote directory, and some other application on any remote node modifies that remote directory, it will not be reflected on the ConnectedSMB client until at least 60 seconds has elapsed since the last refresh.